Waterfront Dining, Fresh Gulf Coast Seafood
Houston Seafood Restaurant
Thank you for making Monument Inn your place to share family traditions, business luncheons, social gatherings and other special occasions. It is our privilege to share these moments with our guests. We look forward to making these visits to our restaurant a memorable one and thank you for making us part of your family.
Restaurant's Virtual Tour
Please take a look to our facility from the inside in the virtual tour below.
Monument Inn Fun Facts
- Bob and Ann Laws purchased the Monument Inn in June of 1990 and the restaurant has been in business since 1974.
- Prior to owning the Monument Inn, Bob Laws owned a catering company in the motion picture industry. He has worked with many movie stars including Tom Cruise, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford and more. Ann Laws was director of operations for a chain of 5 restaurants in Texas.
- Six months after they acquired the restaurant, it burned to the ground. They re-opened at this current location 10 weeks later.
- Both hurricanes Ike and Harvey flooded our downstairs private rooms. In both instances, we completely remodeled in a little over a month.
- We serve about 80,000 pounds of shrimp and almost 25,000 pounds of catfish, crawfish and fresh fish every year.
- On a busy Saturday, our in house bakers prepare over 1000 cinnamon rolls.
- Mother’s Day weekend is our busiest weekend of the year, serving almost 5,000 customers.
- Since 1990 we have served almost 3 million guests.