Fresh Seafood & Waterfront Dining
We are THRILLED to announce that we will be re-opening Friday, May 1st at 4 PM.
To reiterate the governor’s executive order, we will be doing all of the following:
– We will be operating at 25% occupancy.
– All Monument Inn employees will be taking all precautionary measures that the governor has mandated, such as wearing masks and gloves.
– We are also taking some precautionary measures into our own hands. For example, ketchup, salt, pepper, and sugar will be available upon request so that we can ensure that they are getting sanitized between each use.
– We will be doing to-go orders for those that miss our food, and you can take it across the street to the picnic tables at the Juan Seguin Historical Park or enjoy it in the comfort of your own home.
– We will be unable to accommodate groups of 6 or larger at the same table per the governor’s orders.
– As you know, normally we do not take reservations, however we will be TEMPORARILY accepting them in order to effectively seat our customers in a strategic way given the occupancy limit.
– In regards to Mother’s Day, which is the busiest weekend of the year for us, we currently do not plan on accepting reservations for Saturday and Sunday, May 9th and 10th.
– At this time to ensure that our re-opening runs smoothly, we will be offering a limited menu that will be full of our customer favorites! This current menu will be posted online soon.
– Lastly, we are extremely blessed to have a two story restaurant. This means we have not only our upstairs for dining, but our downstairs as well. Woohoo!
Thank you to our loyal customers! We have missed you all greatly and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Stay well, and be safe. We will get through this together!
Bob and Ann Laws
Houston Seafood Restaurant
Thank you for making Monument Inn your place to share family traditions, business luncheons, social gatherings and other special occasions. It is our privilege to share these moments with our guests. We look forward to making these visits to our restaurant a memorable one and thank you for making us part of your family.
Monument Inn Fun Facts
- Bob and Ann Laws purchased the Monument Inn in June of 1990 and the restaurant has been in business since 1974.
- Prior to owning the Monument Inn, Bob Laws owned a catering company in the motion picture industry. He has worked with many movie stars including Tom Cruise, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford and more. Ann Laws was director of operations for a chain of 5 restaurants in Texas.
- Six months after they acquired the restaurant, it burned to the ground. They re-opened at this current location 10 weeks later.
- Both hurricanes Ike and Harvey flooded our downstairs private rooms. In both instances, we completely remodeled in a little over a month.
- We serve about 80,000 pounds of shrimp and almost 25,000 pounds of catfish, crawfish and fresh fish every year.
- On a busy Saturday, our in house bakers prepare over 1000 cinnamon rolls.
- Mother’s Day weekend is our busiest weekend of the year, serving almost 5,000 customers.
- Since 1990 we have served almost 3 million guests.
Restaurant's Virtual Tour
Please take a look to our facility from the inside in the virtual tour below.