Fresh Seafood & Waterfront Dining
Temporary Restaurant Closure
Beginning at 8:00 p.m., Friday July 3
Re-opening Thursday July 16th
I never thought I would have to write this announcement.
We are TEMPORARILY closing our restaurant because we have 2 employees who have been in contact with individuals (outside of work) who have now tested positive for Covid19.
We plan to re-open Thursday, July 16th.
We will require all of our employees get tested and receive a negative result before they can return to work. During that time period we are professionally cleaning the entire restaurant. (yet again)
We are doing this out of an abundance of caution for our staff and of course, you our loyal customers. We feel better being safe than sorry. While I can control our employees work and sanitization environment, I have no control of their lives outside of the workplace.
I hope you and your families have a safe and HAPPY 4th of July weekend.
Until next time PLEASE:
- Wear a mask
- Social Distance
- Wash & Sanitize your hands
GOD BLESS and we are hoping to see you soon.
Houston Seafood Restaurant
Thank you for making Monument Inn your place to share family traditions, business luncheons, social gatherings and other special occasions. It is our privilege to share these moments with our guests. We look forward to making these visits to our restaurant a memorable one and thank you for making us part of your family.
Monument Inn Fun Facts
- Bob and Ann Laws purchased the Monument Inn in June of 1990 and the restaurant has been in business since 1974.
- Prior to owning the Monument Inn, Bob Laws owned a catering company in the motion picture industry. He has worked with many movie stars including Tom Cruise, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford and more. Ann Laws was director of operations for a chain of 5 restaurants in Texas.
- Six months after they acquired the restaurant, it burned to the ground. They re-opened at this current location 10 weeks later.
- Both hurricanes Ike and Harvey flooded our downstairs private rooms. In both instances, we completely remodeled in a little over a month.
- We serve about 80,000 pounds of shrimp and almost 25,000 pounds of catfish, crawfish and fresh fish every year.
- On a busy Saturday, our in house bakers prepare over 1000 cinnamon rolls.
- Mother’s Day weekend is our busiest weekend of the year, serving almost 5,000 customers.
- Since 1990 we have served almost 3 million guests.
Restaurant's Virtual Tour
Please take a look to our facility from the inside in the virtual tour below.