Fresh Seafood & Waterfront Dining
A Message from Monument Inn owners Bob and Ann Laws
The safety of our customers and staff is extremely important to us and we would like to update you on a few initiatives Monument Inn is working on to help in the prevention of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
In addition to our current high standards of cleanliness, our staff is taking extra steps to help stop the spread of the virus.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing all high impact areas:
– door handles
– tabletops and chairs
– condiments on tables
- Placing hand sanitizers throughout our restaurant for customers and staff to use.
We encourage our customers and staff to stay informed. We are monitoring the situation as it develops and will keep you posted of any change to our service as we all move forward together.
From our family to yours, we thank you all and we look forward to seeing you soon at the Monument Inn.
Bob and Ann Laws
Houston Seafood Restaurant
Thank you for making Monument Inn your place to share family traditions, business luncheons, social gatherings and other special occasions. It is our privilege to share these moments with our guests. We look forward to making these visits to our restaurant a memorable one and thank you for making us part of your family.
Monument Inn Fun Facts
- Bob and Ann Laws purchased the Monument Inn in June of 1990 and the restaurant has been in business since 1974.
- Prior to owning the Monument Inn, Bob Laws owned a catering company in the motion picture industry. He has worked with many movie stars including Tom Cruise, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford and more. Ann Laws was director of operations for a chain of 5 restaurants in Texas.
- Six months after they acquired the restaurant, it burned to the ground. They re-opened at this current location 10 weeks later.
- Both hurricanes Ike and Harvey flooded our downstairs private rooms. In both instances, we completely remodeled in a little over a month.
- We serve about 80,000 pounds of shrimp and almost 25,000 pounds of catfish, crawfish and fresh fish every year.
- On a busy Saturday, our in house bakers prepare over 1000 cinnamon rolls.
- Mother’s Day weekend is our busiest weekend of the year, serving almost 5,000 customers.
- Since 1990 we have served almost 3 million guests.
Restaurant's Virtual Tour
Please take a look to our facility from the inside in the virtual tour below.